Dermal Fillers in Denver, Colorado
Dermal fillers, also known as facial fillers, wrinkle fillers and soft tissue fillers have been safely used in aesthetic medicine for over 20 years. Dermal fillers are very popular due to their longevity, minimal recovery time, effectiveness and almost immediate results.
As we get older, wrinkles, folds and loss of facial volume tend to be the biggest contributors to the signs of aging. Dermal fillers can restore youthfulness by smoothing wrinkles, plumping lines and enhancing the overall volume and suppleness of the skin (individual results may vary). Through skillful contouring and volumizing, dermal fillers can also be used to enhance certain facial features, for example the cheeks, chin, mid-face and jawline (individual results may vary).
How do Dermal Fillers work?
Our skin is composed of several layers, including the ‘epidermis’ and the ‘dermis’. The epidermis is the thin outer layer which is the part we see. It is mostly made up of a protein called keratin which acts as a barrier to the environment. The ‘dermis’ is the layer beneath the ‘epidermis’, just below the surface of the skin. This layer contains collagen and elastin which keeps our skin supple and elastic. As our skin ages, both naturally and also due to external factors such as UV damage, smoking and poor diet, the ‘dermis’ becomes thinner. As it thins, it visibly ages our face. Typical effects are facial volume loss, loss of firmness and thinning of the skin. As a result, the overlying skin sags, lines and wrinkles start to develop and facial contours diminish. These are the classic signs of aging.
This is why we use dermal fillers. Dermal fillers are injected into the dermis, which plumps the skin, restores structure and volume to the face and smoothes away lines and wrinkles(individual results may vary).
Wrinkles can be treated with dermal fillers as soon as they start to develop. If wrinkles are neglected, they can become deeply etched into the skin, which makes them difficult to fully correct. If you are proactive and fill the wrinkles before they become too deep, it prevents wrinkles from becoming deeply ingrained and the skin appearing ‘scarred’(individual results may vary).
As well as replacing lost volume, dermal fillers are used to enhance specific facial features, for example the cheeks, chin, mid-face and jawline. This can promote a more three-dimensional shape to the face, and can provide a more attractive or youthful look (individual results may vary).
What are the Benefits of Dermal Fillers?
Dermal fillers offer the following advantages:
(individual results may vary)
- Minimal or No Downtime. Dermal filler treatment is non-invasive and can be performed in 30 to 60 minutes. There is very little, if any downtime associated with the treatment and patients can resume their normal activities immediately
- Immediate Results. Unlike other procedures which require healing time, dermal fillers provide almost immediate results
- Natural Results. Dermal fillers provide natural looking results which don’t negatively affect facial expression. A good Aesthetic Injector will also offer patients a personal treatment plan to tailor the treatment to the patients’ specific needs and aesthetic goals
- Facial Elasticity. Patients continue to smile and express themselves through facial expression as they did before, just without the lines and wrinkles
- Temporary. As we age our faces change over time. Dermal fillers enable you to subtly control your look every step of the way. Therefore, dermal filler treatments can be adjusted accordingly and maintained for optimal correction
Which Areas of the Face can be Injected with Dermal Fillers?
Dermal fillers can be used in the following areas:
- Deep forehead lines and creases
- Glabellar lines and wrinkles that form between the eyebrows, also known as ‘frown lines’ or the ‘elevens’ (11’s)
- Enhance mid-face volume and contours
- Cheeks, to either restore volume or enhance and provide definition to less defined cheeks
- Smooth periorbital lines at the corners of the eyes, also called the ‘Crow’s feet’
- Under eye area
- Enhance shallow contours, for example hollowing temples
- Reshape the nose
- Nasolabial folds, also known as ‘smile lines’ or ‘parenthesis’, which run from the sides of the nose to the corners of the mouth
- Plump small or thinning lips, adding volume and shape, or a more pronounced pout
- Marionette lines, around the corners of the mouth
- Vertical lip lines, which can be a result of smoking, sometimes known as ‘smokers lines’
- Contouring the jawline, to promote a stronger jaw, or to lessen the effect of jowls and sagging
- Increase the prominence of a small or recessed chin
- Improve the appearance of scars
- Improve and plump aging hands
- Smooth the crepey appearance of the décolleté
A Visual Guide to Dermal Fillers & Treatment Areas
(individual results may vary)
Click on the facial aesthetic diagrams below for a visual guide to dermal fillers and treatment areas:
Can Dermal Fillers be used in Combination with other Treatments?
It is very common to perform dermal filler treatments in combination with other treatments at the same visit. Depending on the desired outcome, this combination can actually achieve the best results.
Popular combinations with dermal fillers include:
- Botox Cosmetic
- Chemical peels such as a VI Peel or Glycolic Glow Peel, for the final touch and to improve the skin’s overall texture, clarity and glow
Injector 5280 in Denver specializes exclusively in aesthetic injectables and offers a wide range of dermal fillers. We have many years of specialist experience in the use of dermal fillers and would be pleased to advise you on what treatment is right for you.
The first step is to contact us for a complimentary consultation. We will assess your needs, treatment goals and give you a careful and honest assessment. We will also advise you on both the type and amount of filler needed to achieve the best results possible.