What is Restylane?
Restylane is a dermal filler designed to reduce facial lines and wrinkles, rejuvenate the skin and enhance facial volume. Restylane is one of the most popular dermal fillers because it provides a natural look that lasts. Restylane is comprised of hyaluronic acid, which is a sugar molecule produced naturally by our bodies. Hyaluronic acid binds to water, acts as a lubricant and gives our skin fullness and hydration (individual results may vary).
Restylane improves the signs of aging by restoring volume and smoothing facial lines and wrinkles. Restylane is slightly different from other dermal fillers due to its higher concentration of hyaluronic acid. Injector 5280 in Denver believes this makes Restylane one of the best dermal fillers for correcting moderate to severe wrinkles and enhancing the lips (individual results may vary).
Which Areas can Restylane be Administered?
- Frown lines, or the ‘elevens’ that run between the eyebrows (glabellar lines)
- Worry lines, that run across the forehead (deep forehead lines)
- Smile lines, that run from the side of the nose to the corners of the mouth (nasolabial folds)
- Crow’s feet, at the corners of the eyes (periorbital lines)
- Vertical lip lines around the mouth, sometimes known as ‘smokers lines’ (perioral lines)
- Marionette lines, around the corners of the mouth (oral commissures)
- Lips to better define the border, and increase the plumpness of the upper and lower lips
- Philtral columns, also called philtral ridges, the vertical columns that rise above the upper lip, between the Cupid’s bow and the nose
What are the Benefits of Restylane?
(individual results may vary)
- Smoothes and softens the appearance of fine lines, folds and creases on the face, especially around the mouth and smile lines.
- Defines and increases the fullness of the lips
- Enhances the Cupid’s bow
- Minimizes the appearance of facial scars, including acne scarring
- Proactively prevents fine lines, wrinkles and folds from appearing, or becoming even deeper and more noticeable
- Restores overall volume and suppleness of the skin
What Preparation is needed for Restylane?
To lessen the possibility of bruising and bleeding, 10-12 days prior to receiving injectable treatments we recommend avoiding aspirin, St.John’s Wort, Omega 3, high doses of Vitamin E, and non-steroidal anti-inflammatories e.g. Aleve, Motrin, Advil, and Ibuprofen etc. If you take aspirin for medical purposes, please continue use. If you have recently suffered from facial cold sores please notify your Aesthetic Injector prior to receiving injections, and follow our recommended treatment plan.
How is Restylane Administered?
The treatment begins with collectively mapping out your customized treatment plan, reviewing post-care and answering all your questions and concerns. Ten minutes prior to treatment, we start with the application of ice and a topical numbing cream which helps alleviate discomfort during the procedure. The injection process takes approximately 30-60 minutes and involves a series of small injections using a very fine needle into the deep dermis of the preferred treatment area.
What can I Anticipate after Treatment?
There is very little, if any, downtime or recovery needed. You can resume most activities right away. Unless otherwise advised by your Aesthetic Injector, do not rub or massage the treated areas so the filler can remain undisturbed. Restylane injections, just like any other injection, can cause some bruising and swelling. We have some special techniques that we use to minimize the swelling and bruising associated with Restylane injections. However, if bruising and swelling occur it will subside and fade. Some mild redness is normal after the procedure and should diminish in 60 minutes. Make-up can be applied 15 minutes after treatment. If you experience any mild aching at the site of injection after the procedure this can easily be controlled with Tylenol.
When can I Expect to see Results?
Immediately after the treatment you will see an increase in volume and a smoother appearance. Results will continue to improve over the next 48 hours. Your body will naturally acclimate to the hyaluronic acid and the product will bind to water, producing a fuller appearance (individual results may vary).
- Restylane Before and After Pictures
- Restylane Video below – courtesy of Galderma
- Learn more about Dermal Fillers
(individual results may vary).
A Visual Guide to Restylane & Treatment Areas
(individual results may vary)
Click on the facial aesthetic diagrams below for a visual guide to Restylane and treatment areas:
Going in to have lots of pokes can be a little unnerving. April made me feel very comfortable and did a great job. I am really pleased with the results. I have recommended her to my friends and my sister. ~Danielle H. ~ individual results may vary