Infographic: Test your Botox IQ
How Much do You Know about BOTOX®?
Test your Botox IQ with this Quiz!
With the increasing popularity of anti-ageing products and our desire to preserve our youthful appearance, more people are opting for the needle. Botox has become one of the most widely talked about anti-ageing treatments on the market today.
But how much do you know about Botox Cosmetic?
Find out by taking this educational and informative quiz. Whether you’re new to Botox, or an experienced Botox professional, some of these questions might challenge you.
Embed This Image On Your Site (copy code below):
- What year was Botox Cosmetic first Approved in the US by the FDA?
Botox Cosmetic was first FDA approved in 2002 for the treatment of frown lines.
- What is the name of the Company that Manufactures Botox?
Allergan, Inc. headquartered in Irvine, CA.
- Is Botox Cosmetic a Dermal Filler – True or False?
False – Botox Cosmetic treats dynamic lines and wrinkles caused by repetitive facial movement. Dermal fillers enhance facial volume.
- Statistically, what area of the face is the most popular treatment area for Botox Cosmetic injections?
Glabellar lines, also known as frown lines, or the ‘elevens’. These are the wrinkles that form between the eyebrows.
- In which year did an Advertisement for Botox Cosmetic first appear in a Magazine?
The first Botox Cosmetic advert appeared in 2002, in People Magazine’s ‘World’s Most Beautiful’ issue.
- Does Botox have any Medical uses other than for Cosmetic uses?
Yes. Botox is FDA approved for more than 25 medical uses in approximately 85 countries. Medical uses range from treating chronic migraines, excessive underarm sweating, urinary incontinence and abnormal eyelid spasms.
- Is it Advisable to Exercise after Botox?
It is generally recommended that patients avoid exercise, or lying flat, for 4 hours following a Botox treatment.
- Statistically, which Age group uses Botox Cosmetic the most?
40-54. According to the latest American Society of Plastic Surgeons (ASPS) report, this age group had the highest % of total procedures in the United States in 2012.
- What does the term ‘Brotox’ refer to?
Brotox refers to Botox for bros, or in other words, Botox for men. According to the latest data from ASPS, men accounted for 390,000 Botox treatments in 2012.
- What year was Botox Cosmetic approved to treat the Crow’s feet?
Botox Cosmetic was FDA approved in 2013 to treat the Crow’s feet. Crow’s feet are the fine lines which form around the outer corners of the eyes.
- Name 2 ways providers charge for Botox Cosmetic treatments
By the ‘Unit’ or by the ‘Area’. Charging by the ‘unit’ pertains to the quantity of Botox a patient receives, while charging by the ‘area’ pertains to the treatment of a specific area, for example the forehead.
- What is the most Popular minimally-invasive Cosmetic procedure for both Men and Women?
Botulinum toxin type A treatments, or in other words, Botox and Dysport. According to the latest data from ASPS, Botulinum toxin type A procedures topped the list in 2012.
- What was the name of the 2012 Botox Cosmetic Marketing Campaign celebrating 10 years of FDA Approval?
‘Women Just Like You’. The campaign celebrated women who had made a positive impact on their friends, families and communities.
- Name 3 ways of minimizing Bruising after Botox
10-12 days prior to receiving Botox, patients can avoid taking aspirin, St.John’s wort, Omega 3, Ibuprofen and high doses of vitamin E. 2-3 days prior to receiving Botox, patients can also avoid alcohol. If you take aspirin, or pain medication for medical purposes you should continue use.
- All Botox Cosmetic providers’ Results are the same – True or False?
False. Select a provider from Allergan’s official website: www.botoxcosmetic.com and do your research. Visiting 2-3 providers for consultations is always recommended and choose someone you trust. Bring a list of questions with you to your consultation and ask the Aesthetic Injector to show you before and after photographs of their own patients.